Friday, February 17, 2006

Diddle Diddle


My recent posts of archived images got me yearning for the times when I sketched with india ink and a "C" nib on bristol board. What would Manny, the grand poobah of hobo artistry, have to say about such a practice? I can't be sure. But I think he would grimace, cock his head sideways and give a wee chortle.

Since Kelly Newcomer requested this sketch, I thought I'd give her illustration style a try and smell that "speedball" smell once again. It's a little different take on the nursery rhyme. That little dog laughed to see such sport.

1 comment:

Kelly Newcomer said...

Wow, that's certainly a Different view! But I like it! It's my son's favorite passage from his Goodnight Moon storybook. So, I'll print it out and put it in his room. "That's the cow jumping over the moon!, see her milk bag???"
Thanks!!!
-kn