Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Drumm Beat

DrummBeat

Her name was Rebecca Drumm. I really wanted to ask her out on a date but didn't. She created some incredible, enviable artwork. Like many students going to college in the late 80's and early 90's she worked something like 3 jobs. She was a high energy person. At the age of 20 she had already had an ulcer.

We took a sculpture class together. She finished her piece, a 1/8th scale male nude bronze from the mid-thigh up. I never created a wax from my clay model. The plaster casts were big and heavy and only made it through two moves before I chucked them. I do have a wax of the head. The title of my sculpture was going to be "Hypadellic," after the male model's band name.

I haven't the foggiest idea where she is but I still have this etching she gave me back in 1992. There's no title. It's numbered 5 out of 10. A very limited edition print.

No comments: