Saturday, March 04, 2006

Shredding Tears of Joy

Here's a birthday gift for my friend Annabelle. She recently started up a Lady Snowboarding Club. This while never having snowboarded before in her life. Since then she has hit the slopes once or twice. I suppose the real purpose of these types of clubs is fostering social interaction.

Here's how she looks on the half-pipe in my mind's eye.

I wanted to do some sort of winter sport sketch for the olympics but never got around to it. Now I've done it and it doubles as a birthday present.

Original Sketch?
That gets me to thinking about all of the other original artwork I've created for the site. All you are getting when you pay me a buck is the service of me sketching an image and posting it online. You don't get the actual pen on paper, physical entity.

Mike Etoll has recently expressed interest in sitting in as a guest-sketch artist. He doesn't have a digital camera or a scanner so he asked if he could do his sketches using a digital paint program like Photoshop. In that case there is no immediate "thing" one can hold in their hands. There's microscopic marks on a platter deep within the computer's hard disk drive.

Would anyone out there be interested in owning the originals created here at sketch-it? If so, leave me a post in the comment section and I'll see what I can do.

No comments: